RESOURCES & CARE
KIDS / YOUTH
- Portland Public Schools. Updates and resources for portland public schools; getting meals while school is ou
- GERMS. fun and insightful video
- tales2go. audiobooks with a free 30 day trial
- Audible also has a free trial
- This is an incredibly comprehensive document with an on-going list of educational resources to from home with your youth. Seriously, check this out
- Cincinnati Zoo Facebook page has a bunch of fun animal training videos as well as going live most days at 3pm
- Article on how to adjust to being home with the kids
- Quizlet. Educational resource, flashcards and study tools
- Khan Academy. You can learn anything for free on this educational website and app. Go check it out!
- A Kids Book About. "In response to the extraordinary spread of COVID-19 we created a completely FREE resource to help kids and grownups everywhere learn more about COVID-19."
- Goodnewspaper: "The Goodnewspaper is a tangible way to celebrate the good being done in the world, helping you to become good news in the world around you." Free one month here,
- Goodnewsletter: Free weekly email filled with life changing good news
- Scott the Painter SayYes show free online. Say Yes: A Liturgy of Not Giving Up on Yourself
- Inner Work Community (blog): Michael Simmons is a local spiritual director, group facilitator, and writer that is passionate about helping people encounter their true humanity, and through their humanity, encounter God. Check out his blog!
- The Corners with Nadia Bolz-Weber: sign up for this pastors email list and get honest and encouraging messages
- Headspace: "There are a lot of unknowns in the world right now. But one thing is certain — Headspace is here for you. To help support you through this time of crisis, we’re offering some meditations you can listen to anytime." It's free for everyone, check out the series called Weathering the storm.
- Libby is an app you can download that connects with your local library. Check this out for free downloadable eBooks and audiobooks!
- Netflix Party! Pairs with Chrome on your desktop/laptop. Stream your movies and binge-worthy shows and invite your friends to join your viewing party online! No need to be in the same room, plus you can chat about what you’re watching within your private group!
- Duolingo: Learn some new languages with this fun language learning app! Totally free.
- The Tonight Show: At Home. Jimmy Fallon takes The Tonight Show to his home during COVID-19.
- You Have Permission: “We Are Italy: Coronavirus & Science-Informed Faith”
- The Liturgist: “COVID-19: The Science, How To Help, and Handling Stress”
- The Office Ladies: A lighthearted series. “Office co-stars and best friends, Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey, do the ultimate The Office re-watch podcast for you!”
- Sounds Good with Branden Harvey "is a weekly podcast hosting hopeful conversations with optimists and world-changers about the unique experiences that drive them to use their influence for good.” Branden Harvey helped create the Goodnewspaper (link above)
- COVID-19 Emergency Relief Resources for PDX (and beyond): An incredibly comprehensive and on-going list of resources for food, shelter, utilities/rent, resources for businesses/workers, college students and SO much more. *recursos en español*
- Grubhub/Uber Eats: offering free delivery for food (support your favorite local restaurants)
- Comcast is offering free and expanded services over the next 60 days:
- Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
- If you’re a small business owner and are struggling in this time here is a resource page for you:
- Food: Skip going to the grocery store to encourage social distancing and get food delivered right to your door!
- My Fit Foods. They make meals at a decent cost and will deliver to peoples doors for free. Also, right now with the code DELIVER there is a 20% discount.
- Hello Fresh. "Whether cooking for yourself or your household, we have a flexible plan to match your lifestyle. Need to cancel, change meals, or skip a week? Not a problem." Pick your meal and get it delivered right to your door. Everything you'll need will be inside!
- Multnomah County COVID-19 Updates.
- Novorésumé: "At Novorésumé, we now join the many companies who try to help where they can – by doing what we do best; help people find a job. The coming months will be harder than usual for jobseekers and they need all the support they can get. So, we have decided to give everyone 1 month free access to all resume and cover letter templates in our Premium membership. We’re making this offer available through April 10."
- Embrace Oregon: Support your local DHS office & foster children. Check out Embrace Oregon's instagram to see ways you can give during this time