Who we are and what we are about.
through the art of living alongside, for the sake of neighbor, creation, self.
- Every month we have a lead mentor who oversee’s our entire kids environment. All lead mentors and mentors will be wearing Black Alongsiders Team Shirts.
- If your a 1st time guest the “lead mentor” will guide you through the check in process and answer any and all questions for you.
- There is a Nursery for infant to 18 months.
- We do host a space for walkers as well.
- Kids 2-3 year check in and enter their designated environment. (to check in follow signs or find host (alongsiders shirts to direct you)
- Kids 4-5 year check in and enter their designated environment. (to check in follow signs or find host(alongsiders shirts to direct you.)
- Kids from K -5th grade check in and then enter their designated environment.
- On 4th & 5th Sundays all ages participate in the main gathering.
- Every single environment curated for kids were intentionally imagined.
- We explored and evolved. Choosing visible & vibrant color palette, environmental decor, modular decor/furniture, and tactile learning materials for both mentor and child.
- We decided that the safety, security, and inclusivity of every child should be the elephant in the room. Even to the chagrin of some.
- A slow dismantling is taking place. Mainly that strange belief that if "I serve/mentor kids I’ll miss out on whats happening in the main gathering.” Let it be known; serving/mentoring kids is being part of the main gathering!!
- Digging up thought from an old French philosophers & Jesuit priest we felt might convey a good anthem to raise, “The future belongs to those who give the next generation reason for hope” [Teilhard de Chardin]. Here’s to the ever-present future most commonly found living sideways.
- Change is continual, failure is common, and imperfection is perfect. Your child’s or your experience might not always be 100% heavenly, but we hope you taste some.
“But just as you excel in everything – in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us – see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” 2 Cor. 8:7 (NIV)
powered by Advanced iFrame free. Get the Pro version on CodeCanyon.
2830 NE Flanders St // Portland, OR 97232 503.232.5155 // fax: 503.235.3716 email@example.com